COVID-19 Update from CEO
Hello from Langports, Australia.
During this challenging time for everyone, I would like to reassure you that Langports is doing everything we can to ensure the safety and health of our staff and students.
We want to send our thoughts out to friends and colleagues around the world affected by this terrible situation.
In Australia, as of 6 am 18. March, there are 454 confirmed cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
210 cases in NSW
78 cases in QLD
As you see everywhere in the world, the virus is spreading and the Australian government is implementing regulations to ensure the wellbeing of all Australians.
We are following ALL government regulations and Langports 3 schools in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sydney continue to offer classes to our students. We have, however, taken the following precautions to ensure the health of our students:
- We have increased our hygiene messages to staff, homestay families and students.
- We have introduced daily temperature scanning when students and staff arrive at our schools. This is NOT a Government requirement, but we prefer to keep our students and staff protected against any possible spread of the virus. Any staff or students with a fever will be sent home and to a doctor.
- We have also cancelled all activities and school gatherings during this time.
- We are preparing for online teaching should our schools be required to close for any period of time.
- We have implemented a Langports Coronavirus Cancellation Scheme* (contact us for more details).
- We have postponed the course start dates for many students arriving in the upcoming weeks.
- We have accepted students into self-isolation/self-quarantine for 14 days so they can begin their studies after that period.
*Any students who are wishing to book future studies with us, can do so with 100% refund guarantee if their program is affected by government changes and travel restrictions.
Our Management Team at Langports has many years of experience and Barry our Operations Manager has managed schools through outbreaks like SARS, Swine Flu and Bird Flu. We will continue to make small operational changes to keep our students and staff safe. We will announce them to staff, students and agents as they take place.
We understand that this is a difficult situation for everyone, we assure you that we are doing our best to take care of our staff, students, homestay families and business.
Please get in contact with us if you have any questions.