South east Queensland is a region in Australia that is famous for its natural landscapes, multitude of iconic beaches, and exciting destinations; Langports has schools in both Brisbane and the Gold Coast, which are a part of this breath-taking section of the Australian country. The area is home to many world-class tourist attractions that cater to all types of travelers – both tourists and students alike. Whether you are an adventure seeker, nature lover or just looking for the best place to relax, this region has something for everyone. In this blog post, we will show you the top 10 places perfect for sightseeing in Southeast Queensland!
1. Gold Coast: Gold Coast is a popular tourist destination and home of our Langports school, located right in the heart of Surfers Paradise; it’s famous for its pristine beaches and iconic attractions like the aforementioned suburb, Dreamworld, and Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. With its warm climate, sparkling waterways, and excellent shopping and dining options, Gold Coast is a must-see for anyone in the area! Our students will have a chance to visit many of this town’s destinations, as our school organizes trips quite frequently.
2. Brisbane: As the capital of Queensland, Brisbane is a vibrant city worth visiting. The city’s iconic attractions include the Story Bridge, South Bank Parklands, and the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. With a great selection of cafes, restaurants, and chic boutiques, Brisbane is a great place to explore for a day or more. Our school is located in the center of the CBD, making it the perfect spot to start adventuring and ticking off any activities off your bucket list.
3. Sunshine Coast: Located north of Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast is a popular destination for beach and nature lovers as it is home to some real beauties like Noosa Beach, Coolum and Caloundra. It is also known for its fantastic water parks, wildlife sanctuaries, and stunning hinterland scenery.
4. Moreton Island: Moreton Island is a beautiful island located east of Brisbane. It is famous for its crystal-clear waters, golden sand beaches and incredible marine life. Visitors can enjoy activities such as snorkeling, diving, and sailing while enjoying the picturesque views of the coast; both our schools organize trips to this gorgeous spot from time to time, if you don’t want to miss your chance to go be sure to keep an eye out for our activities! You can check them out at your school’s reception, on our website and through our social media posts.
5. Stradbroke Island: Stradbroke Island is another beautiful island found near Brisbane. It features scenic walks, stunning beaches, and a range of outdoor activities. Bushwalking, surfing, and fishing are some of the more popular activities to try here!
6. Lamington National Park: The Lamington National Park is a lush rainforest that stretches over 20,000 hectares. It offers breathtaking views of the rolling hills, waterfalls, and wildlife. Guided tours are available, and visitors can participate in a variety of activities such as bird watching, hiking, and camping.
7. Tamborine Mountain: Tamborine Mountain is located in the hinterland of the Gold Coast and offers otherworldly views of the surrounding landscapes. Visitors can enjoy activities like hiking, cycling and exploring the local arts and crafts scene.
8. Fraser Island: Fraser Island is a UNESCO World Heritage site and the largest sand island in the world. The island’s highlights include Lake McKenzie, Indian Head, and the Maheno shipwreck. Visitors can explore the island by four-wheel drive or on foot. Langports organises trip to this island as well!
9. Maleny: Maleny is a charming town located in the hinterland of the Sunshine Coast. It is known for its mesmerizing views, local produce, and quaint cafes. The town is a great place to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy a bit of that peaceful rural lifestyle.
10. Noosa Heads: Noosa Heads is a fashionable coastal town located on the Sunshine Coast. It is famous for its stunning beaches, boutique shopping, and trendy restaurants. Visitors can take a leisurely stroll along the beach or head out to the national park for a hike.
South East Queensland offers an abundance of attractions and destinations that cater to all types of travelers. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach, explore natural wonders or experience city life, this region has it all. We hope this list of the top 10 places to see in South East Queensland will inspire you to plan your next adventure!
Curious about our trips? Don’t hesitate to contact us!