UFO English has been created so that Langports students can get the maximum benefit from their studies.
UFO English is very different from general English courses because of the structure & content of the program.
We understand and acknowledge that students have different learning skills, different learning abilities and different learning objectives.
This is why we designed the UFO English course.
The UFO English curriculum has 3 daily components:
- Use of English - These lessons give students the personalised touch they expect as they are streamed according to their general proficiency.
- Focus on Language Skills - Students are streamed according to their macro skill ability – speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- Options to Specialise – Students are able to choose courses related to their specific objectives.
As well as studying general English skills, you can choose an Options class to help you with your English for the FUTURE!
- Elementary - A short 5-week course of survival English for students in Beginner level
- TESOL – A course for students who want to learn how to teach English to students of other languages
- TOEIC – A course specifically for TOEIC focused students
- IELTS1 & IELTS2 – A course specifically for IELTS focused students, offered at two different levels of proficiency
- Business English – A course to help build students communication skills, grammar and vocabulary for the workplace
- ALPS – An advanced level program helping students with their presentation skills in a business environment
- Conversation - A course focusing on everyday language and conversation, offered at different levels of proficiency
- Pronunciation - A course designed to work on students pronunciation and intonation skills essential skills for effective communication
- Grammar, Vocabulary and Language Classes - A course specifically focusing on the fundamentals of communication: grammar and vocabulary
UFO English Quick Facts:
- Course type: Intensive English
- L25 (Full time) 25 hours per week (including Friday afternoon activities)
- L15 (Part time) 16 hours per week
- 7 Levels from Elementary to Post Advanced
- Maximum 16 students per class | Average class size is 12-13 students per class
- Students will have a wider range of classmates and the opportunity to make more friends in each class.
- Teachers monitor student progress towards achieving their expectations on an ongoing basis by using various strategies such as homework assignments, weekly progress tests, projects, class presentations and observations.